Tips on Brushing and Cleaning Your Lashes (and why it’s so important)
When you have lash extensions, the overall upkeep is very minimal and very easy to manage if you clean and brush them regularly. So do the following (plus visit your salon for refill appointments every 2-3 weeks) and your lashes will stay looking full and fabulous!
- Brush your lashes daily to prevent crisscrossing.
- A simple 15-20 second sweep through your lashes in the morning will put stray lashes in their place.
- When you clean your lashes regularly, you are helping to keep your natural oils at bay.
- Cleansing regularly also helps prevent premature lash shedding.
- Not cleaning your lashes regularly can mean that your lash follicles could get clogged, which could make it difficult for new lashes to grow.
- Brushing your lashes each day helps your extensions last longer.
- Be gentle when brushing your eyelash extensions, as you don’t want to tug at them if they are tangled or overlapping.
- Make sure that the mascara wand or spoiler you use to brush is clean.
- Cleanse your lashes daily with a gentle, lash extension friendly cleanser and make sure it’s oil free!
- A lack of lash cleansing not only causes oil build up but dirt and debris build up as well.
- It is not uncommon for lash stylists to see clients with severe build-up of make-up residue, oil and/or dead skin cells along their lash lines. This is not only unhygienic but it also can cut into your appointment because your stylist then has to spend time cleaning rather than filling your lashes.
- Lash follicles that are not cleaned but clogged can result in your natural lashes growing on the weaker side.
Want more tips on caring for you lashes? Click here!