What Causes Hair and Eyelash Loss?
There are many reasons your lashes and brows may be thinning or falling out. In fact, most people will experience some form of hair loss in their lifetime. Age, stress, medication, hormonal changes (like pregnancy 🤰🏽 and menopause), chemotherapy and diet are just a sample of the factors that may impact your hair growth. Even (or especially) in Laguna Niguel the seasons can impact your lash and brow growth!
Because hair loss is so common, we believe it’s important to talk about. We want to help you look the way you want no matter where you are in hair loss journey and how it’s affecting your eyebrows and eyelashes. 💕 Whether you’re looking to strengthen hair follicles or enhance the appearance of your lashes and brows, The Lash Lounge Laguna Niguel – Crown Valley is here to help you achieve the lash and brow look you desire, even with thinning hair issues.
How to Take Care of Hair Follicles
While lash and brow hair loss is often inevitable, simple changes to your routine and mindset can help slow the process and protect your follicles.
Try incorporating these recommendations into your day-to-day life:
- Eat anti-inflammatory foods. Green tea, garlic, spinach, cherries and olive oil are just some of the many anti-inflammatory foods that can help stimulate hair growth. 🍒 Another food tip: avoiding excess sugar could help prevent high blood sugar levels that can damage hair follicles. In short, food plays a huge part in the health of your hair follicles.
- Regularly remove makeup. Clogged pores can make it hard for new hair to grow, which is why cleansing your face and lashes every day is essential for keeping your pores and skin clean. This enables lash and brow hairs to remain strong and leaves room for new hairs to grow.
- Exfoliate and moisturize. When your skin is dry and cracked, germs and bacteria can enter your skin more easily and affect the ability for your brows to grow. Keep your skin healthy by exfoliating your eyebrows followed by applying moisturizer to restore the area. This is especially important in cold months when the air tends to be dry.
- Keep stress levels low. It’s no surprise that stress influences hormone levels. When this happens, there’s an imbalance in hormones which may cause hairs to prematurely fall out. We know it’s impossible to avoid all stress in your life. Instead, we’re here to tell you that it’s okay to say no to things that you don’t want to do or things that may add stress to your life. Put yourself first and prioritize the moments and people that bring you joy.
How to Fill in Thin Eyebrows and Eyelashes
Strengthening and supporting your thinning brows and lashes is just one step in the process toward healthier follicles. You can take steps now to achieve the look you’ve always dreamed of, with just a little help from our lash stylists at The Lash Lounge Laguna Niguel – Crown Valley.
- Schedule a consultation for lash extensions. Find a Lash Lounge near you and sit down with one of our trained stylists to discuss the current state of your lashes and let them assess your lash line. As long as you have natural, healthy lash hairs to work with, getting lash extensions is an option.
Another benefit: lash extensions will allow you to skip or reduce the amount of makeup you choose to wear. When you get lash extensions from The Lash Lounge Laguna Niguel – Crown Valley, your eyelashes are in the best of hands by a professional lash stylist who will apply lash extensions while ensuring the safety and integrity of your natural lashes.
- Consider a lash lift. Another great option for enhancing the appearance of your natural lashes, even with a less than full lash line, is giving them a lift! When dealing with hair loss that’s affecting your eyelashes, using tools like a lash curler that tugs at your follicles is NOT recommended. This can lead to even more lash loss. Instead, get a professional lash lift for a safe and lasting curl. The best part about this eyelash enhancing service: a lash lift can last up to eight weeks.
- Use a brow pencil or gel to fill in your brows. If you want to give something a try on your own, go for it! Choose a shade of a brow pencil or gel that matches your natural brow hairs, then use a brow brush to blend the color in and fill in any gaps. When blending, try moving the brush upwards rather than straight across your brows to help them appear thicker.
As always, when you collaborate with a stylist from The Lash Lounge Laguna Niguel – Crown Valley for any lash or brow service, we will help you select the best options, style and shade to complement your complexion and natural features.
Feel Beautiful Throughout Your Lash and Brow Journey
Hair loss can be a challenging experience and leave you feeling vulnerable or concerned about your changing appearance. Utilize your support systems, including our team at The Lash Lounge Laguna Niguel – Crown Valley. We’re here to help you achieve the look you desire throughout your hair loss journey with safe, effective, and relaxing beauty treatments.
Remember, no hair loss can take away your shine!✨
*If you are currently undergoing treatment or on medication, we recommend that you consult with your doctor prior to scheduling a service.