Valentine’s Day is all about L.O.V.E, but it can be self-love too if that’s more your jam! ❤️ This year, show yourself some love by finding a look that makes you feel like your best self regardless of your Vday plans. When it comes to a Valentine’s Day look and makeup ideas, you can never go wrong with classic shades of red and pink!
See the ideas we’ve gathered on how to rock these hues, whether you’re going out with your boo (and want a romantic makeup look), spending a cozy night in OR celebrating Galentine’s Day with your pals in Thousand Oaks.
How to Do Your Makeup for Valentine’s Day
While you can truly go for any look you love on Valentine’s Day (and every day!), V-Day is the perfect time to do a little extra and put a festive twist on your usual look. Adding pink and red to your makeup is a lovely way to get in the Valentine’s Day spirit. If warm tones aren’t your cup of tea, try using lilac and other romantic pastels. Add these colors through your lipstick, eyeshadow, blush and more!
Check out some of our FAVE Valentine’s looks at The Lash Lounge Thousand Oaks – Oakbrook Plaza and see if any pair well with your personal style!
5 Valentine’s Day Makeup Looks and Ideas
If you’re having trouble picking out the perfect Valentine’s makeup, it might be helpful to think about your plans for the day. For instance, you might choose to go with subtle pastels for a Galentine’s lunch, then for that romantic dinner date, you may opt for a maroon smokey eye. No matter your plans in Thousand Oaks, let these swoon-worthy ideas inspire you!
- Pink smoky eye—Any smoky eye is great for Valentine’s Day and can add a sexy, romantic or confidence-inducing vibe to your look. Feel like the queen you are when you rock this bold eye look. To spice it up for the holiday, use a deep pink or maroon shadow and blend it over your lid instead of the classic charcoal smoky tones. 💗
- Subtle pastel eye shadow—We know that a bold look isn’t for everyone. If this sounds like you, yet you desire to do a little something special for love day, here’s an idea! Stick with your usual makeup routine, then add a light pink or lilac blush just along your top eyelid. It will be subtle AND festive, our fav combo! 👁
- Classic bold lip—If there was ever a day to let your lips be the star of your makeup look, it’s Valentine’s Day! A classic red lip is always a hit OR you could give a dark pink lipstick (like a deep raspberry shade) a go. Either way, adding a pink or red hue to your pout is perfect for V-Day! 💄
💕TIP: Pair your bold lip with a fresh set of lash extensions! Whether it’s your first full set or you want to change up your current lash look, chat with your stylist in Thousand Oaks about your beauty goals for Valentine’s Day AND beyond! For a true statement-making lash makeover, ask The Lash Lounge Thousand Oaks – Oakbrook Plaza about adding some color to your lash look! Even the simplest color pop with pink, red or purple on the outer corners of your lashes is a fun way to feel fab and flirty for love day…and all month long! 😍
- Fuchsia pink lids and lips—Love a trendy look? We’ve got just the thing! If you loved the hot pink vibes of 2022 (and we still can’t get enough of it in 2023), pair the trend with your Valentine’s look. Go all out with hot pink makeup. Pair an opaque and glossy pink lip with a similar yet slightly lighter pink eyeshadow. 👄
- Rosy cheeks—When we think love month, we think roses, rosy shades and yes, even rosy cheeks! To get that rosy cheek look, find a pink or subtle red blush or bronzer that complements your natural skin tone. Don’t go too heavy with it and give it a try before the 14th to make sure the shade is a PERFECT MATCH for you! 💞
💕TIP: For an extra oomph added to your rosy cheeks but one that sticks with a natural makeup look, get a lash lift! This will define your lashes and complement that rosy cheek for an overall glowing appearance.
Get Lashes Just in Time for Valentine’s Day
It’s simple: Valentine’s day makeup AND services from The Lash Lounge Thousand Oaks – Oakbrook Plaza are BETTER TOGETHER!
Just like that flirty shade of eyeshadow or luscious lip color, your lashes can get a makeover too and pair perfectly with any V-Day vibe you’re going for! Let one of our trained lash stylists in Thousand Oaks help you pick a service to customize and further complement ANY makeup look you want to try! Show yourself some love with a new set of lashes that make you feel beautiful. 💕