From stunning eyelashes to dewy nude makeup or a pop of lip color, your Southlake wedding guest look isn’t complete without the right makeup. Whether you’re a crier or a dance-floor fiend—or both!—we’ve got wedding makeup ideas and tips that’ll keep you looking gorgeous all night long. 💃🏽
Why Is Wedding Guest Makeup Important?
Don’t underestimate the importance of your makeup as a wedding guest in TX. With roaming photographers, DIY documentarians and maybe even a reception photo booth, you’ll want to look your best throughout the event. 📸 Plus, a wedding is often like a family or school reunion on steroids—you never know who you’ll run into!
Our Tip: Don’t get caught off guard. Look and feel your best with a wedding guest makeup look to fit the occasion.
What Makeup to Wear to a Wedding as a Guest
You’ve been invited to a wedding in TX. Now, it’s time to jump into ALL the many factors that go into deciding the perfect look! Here are some you should definitely include:
- The weather and season. Bright pastels are perfect for a spring wedding and nude tones for fall and winter celebrations.
- Warm weather may also call for some extra highlighter on your cheekbones to help you lean into the natural dewy look you’re likely to get throughout the course of the wedding. ☀️
- A cold-weather wedding will require some extra moisturizer before applying your makeup to avoid any cracking and to keep your face looking fresh. ❄️
- Is the wedding inside or outside? Wind and rain in the forecast might call for some setting spray plus lash extensions (instead of mascara) to keep your look in place, rain or shine! ☔ Indoor weddings will give you more wiggle room for your makeup look since you don’t have to worry about excessive heat or rain impacting your look.
- Your wedding vibes. If you know you’re going to cry during the ceremony or you’re ready to get down and sweaty on the dance floor, be prepared with extra powder and lash and brow services to avoid runny makeup. 😂 (Mascara or brow makeup running down your face at a wedding is never a pretty look!)
When choosing the right look, it’s also important to take into consideration that it’s the bride’s big day….not yours! You want to stand out and look fab, of course, but also want to stay away from a look that is too bold and flashy. 👰🏽
Here are five stunning wedding guest makeup ideas that perfectly toe the line of looking beautiful for a wedding day in Southlake while not being too over the top.
5 Wedding Guest Makeup Looks to Try
- Monochrome pastel—For a pop of color that isn’t too loud, opt for pastel makeup. Pastels are soft yet bright, making them perfect for a wedding. We LOVE pastel makeup that complements a wedding guest outfit. Use the colors of your outfit to inspire your makeup for a beautiful monochromatic pastel look. This is especially a great look for a spring or summer wedding!
- Soft sculpting—Contoured and highlighted skin creates a great photo-ready finish. For a wedding look, we suggest softly sculpting and defining your natural features, including your cheekbones, jawline, temples, the bridge of your nose and the edge of your eyes. This will give your face a clean texture. Don’t forget to finish the look with a pop of blush along your cheekbones! Soft sculpting is timeless and will look lovely for any season!
- Nude palette—From your lipstick to even your eyeshadow, nude makeup looks timeless and effortless. Instead of playing with different colors, for a nude look try using a variety of finishes, such as a shimmery highlight on the cheeks and eyes paired with a glossy lip. If you want a natural wedding guest eye makeup lash look pair a lash tint with a lash lift. This combination will add curl and definition to your lashes and enhance your natural beauty.
- Full glam—Okay, we know we said we were going for understated looks here, but sometimes a wedding calls for you to pull out all the stops. If it’s a black-tie event, or you just want to go bigger with your look, full glam might be the way to go. We’re talking contoured cheekbones, a bold lip, shimmery eyeshadow and full, voluminous eyelashes. For a glam eye makeup idea for a wedding guest (aka, you!), get lash extensions. Ask for our volume application method at The Lash Lounge Southlake – Park Village with lash level 3 and a D lash curl for an extra full AND bold lash line.
- Bronze babe—To get an effortlessly glowing look, use taupe, shades of brown and other earthy tones for your bronzer and eyeshadow. This will bring out the natural warmth of your skin for the perfect golden-hour makeup look!
Pair Lash Services with Your Wedding Guest Look
How about a recap? The perfect wedding guest makeup is:
- Hassle-free 🙌
- Photo-ready 📸
- Long-lasting 🕰️
For a lash look that you can count on, you can never go wrong with lash services from The Lash Lounge Southlake – Park Village! Lash extensions or a lash lift plus a lash tint will keep you looking fab for ALL the wedding festivities.
If you want the ultimate wedding guest look that’s easy to apply and sure to stick with you for days, pair your lash services with brow services. Some of our FAVE brow services are eyebrow threading for seamlessly shaped brows that complement any makeup or eyebrow tinting for a defined and contoured brow.
Be Ready for All Those Weddings
Easy eye makeup for wedding guests starts with lash services from The Lash Lounge Southlake – Park Village! Leave your wedding guest makeup look in the hands of professionals you can trust. Our lash stylists in Southlake will work with you to create a custom look that will keep you looking and feeling great for the rehearsal dinner, reception and beyond! 🌟