Are you tired of feeling pulled in a million directions? We feel you!
We’ve got some easy ways you can simplify your life and find that much-needed balance you deserve!
1. REFRESH YOUR ROUTINE
Sticking to a set routine can keep your sanity in check, but sometimes it can be refreshing to change things up a bit:
- If you work from home, get out of the house at least once a week and work from a local coffee shop.
- Take a different route to work and get inspired by a scenic detour.
- Step away from the office and join your coworkers for lunch.
- Try a new fitness class at your gym instead of going to yoga for the millionth time.
Whatever it is, see how a simple change in your routine can help you thrive in the other areas of your life.
2. GET SOCIAL
Getting out with friends, visiting with family and even grabbing a quick coffee with your bestie can do wonders for your wellbeing. In fact, studies have shown time and time again that socializing can leave you motivated, help you de-stress and have many benefits for your physical and mental health.
So, set that to-do list aside, get out the calendar, text your friends, call the sitter and schedule a gathering on the books. You’ll be so glad you did!
3. NOD TO THE NEW
Take the plunge and give one of the many things that you have filed away in your brain under “someday” a chance:
- Get that cute haircut you’ve been contemplating.
- Go for the fun and bright nail polish instead of your usual neutral shade.
- Skip your routine Friday night restaurant visit and try the new eatery down the street.
- Make that appointment at The Lash Lounge for the full set of volume lashes you’ve seen all of your friends rock. (Hello, lash envy!)
It is so very empowering when you step outside of your comfort zone!
4. PRESS PAUSE
Sitting behind a computer all day or working on a home project becomes monotonous and exhausting. Press pause and step away for a bit, even if only for 10 minutes. You just might find that when you get back to what you were doing, you will feel more energized and ready to conquer the task!
5. KEEP IT CLUTTER FREE
Did you know when you’re surrounded by clutter, you can feel even more stressed? It’s true, which is why Cleaning off your desks, tidying up the space you spend most time in or investing in some organizational items to help keep the clutter under control is key to finding balance in your day-to-day life.
It’s time to splurge on that shiny rose gold desk organizer!
6. LEAN IN TO YOUR LIMITATIONS
Everyone has limitations, which isn’t our favorite thing to think about. But the thing is, everyone has their own unique amazing strengths! When you accept your weaknesses as areas of opportunity, you gain a whole new outlook. You can always strive to be the best version of yourself, but along the way, stop being so hard on yourself!
For example, maybe you’re not a “competition-ready” chef. If you’re constantly beating yourself up about it, consider taking some cooking lessons to improve. You’ll be shocked at your mad, new kitchen skills. Plus, think of the joy and sense of accomplishment when your family and friends start asking for seconds!
The moral of this story (we mean “blog”) is to be kind to yourself. Whether large or small, you need to add balance to your life in order to reduce stress, become a better version of yourself and find time for what really matters!