Wearing makeup doesn’t have to be complicated. In fact, a low-maintenance makeup routine is easy if you choose the right products and enhancement services. See some of our favorite makeup looks that are not only easy to apply but will amplify your appearance like never before!
How To Keep Makeup Low-Maintenance
Before we dive into the looks themselves, see 4 of our top tips for keeping your makeup routine a breeze!
Tip 1: Try Tinted Moisturizers
A quick makeup routine doesn’t get easier than using a tinted moisturizer to give your face some color and glow while also keeping your skin hydrated. The quality of many tinted moisturizers today work so well that you often don’t need anything else for face makeup.
Tip 2: Pick Dual Products
A beauty product that has multiple uses is a NO BRAINER for keeping your makeup routine simple. For example, select a makeup stick that can act as blush, eyeshadow and lip color. It’s also the best type of single product to throw in your purse for touch ups throughout the day.
Tip 3: Don’t Skimp on Skincare
When your skin is flawless and clear, you won’t need to wear much makeup. Let this be a reminder to up your skincare game by keeping your face clean, using quality products and showing your skin some love by doing things like getting regular facials. Our friends at skoah facials are THE experts in custom facials and also have clean products to keep your skincare game on point at home.
Tip 4: Ponder Permanent Makeup
For those of you who are more daring with your beauty goals, consider permanent makeup. From natural-looking brows to subtle eyeliner and even services like lip-blushing for a lipstick-free pout, permanent makeup can provide you with a true effortless makeup look. Contact a Lash Lounge near you to see if they offer permanent makeup services.
Effortless Eye Makeup
We’ve talked about makeup for your face, but what about eye makeup? 🤷♀️ We’ve got beauty hacks for eyelashes and eye makeup so you can revamp your makeup routine!
- Make It Mascara-Free: It doesn’t get more low-maintenance than skipping the mascara. And you CAN when you have enhanced lashes thanks to the following lash services:
- Lash lift: When our lashes are curled, our eyes instantly look more awake. Instead of using curling tools, opt for a professional lash lift! This service will give you the curl you want AND it will last up to 8 incredible weeks before needing a refresh appointment.
- Lash tint: One of the things mascara lovers often adore is the rich hue their lashes get after applying. However, having to apply over and over to get it just right can be annoying. That’s why a lash tint is the answer to getting effortless eyelash color—no mascara needed. With a tint, you can enjoy your bold lash line for up to 4 weeks.
- Tip: Combine your lash tint WITH a lift to get the perfect combo!
- Lash extensions: With custom application options from classic to mega volume, lash extensions give you all you could want in an eyelash look. Length, volume, rich color, curl AND more! You can go natural or a bit more on the bold side depending on the look you’re going for and what works best with your natural lash line. Lash extensions are the ultimate way to ace an effortless eye makeup look !
- If You Must With Mascara, Go For a Duo: Still a die-hard mascara lover? No judgement here. To get the look you want without multiple layers of mascara, go for a double-sided mascara duo. We know that even those with lash extensions sometimes want a swipe of the wand here and there and that’s where our Amplify and Extended Mascara duo comes in.
Perfect for natural or enhanced lashes, this mascara supplies a lengthening and volumizing option on each end of the tube. Visit your local salon to purchase this incredible mascara!
(pictured to left: brow threading and a lash lift)
Related Blog: Drugstore vs. Professional Eyelash Extensions
Breezy Brow Makeup Routine
What’s the complement to any lash look? Beautiful brows! But how tiresome is it to pluck, fill, wax, shape and blend with brow pencils?!? All of that can be things of the past with the following brow services.
- Eyebrow Threading: For meticulously manicured and shaped brows minus waxing or plucking, brow threading is where it’s at! Here’s the best part: It can last around 4 weeks give or take depending on how fast your hair grows.
- Tip: Threading is also great for other parts of your face to get rid of peach fuzz that otherwise is hard to fully remove.
- Eyebrow Tinting: The at-home dye kits and daily brow makeup are things of the past when you get your brows tinted! Here at The Lash Lounge, our stylists will work with you to select a shade to match your hair color and complement your natural features. Like lash tinting, an eyebrow tint can last up to 4 weeks. 🙌
- Brow Lamination: To bless your brows with a stay-in-place shape AND richer look, brow lamination is the answer! Like our other brow services, your stylist will chat with you about the look you’re going for then customize the lamination service to redirect the hairs to a uniform, upward angle. This results in a perfectly shaped, manicured look AND (best part!) the results last a whopping 6 weeks!
Hassel-Free Makeup Application
Now that you have options to consider from multi-use products or professional beauty services for your lashes and brows, let’s look at a few easy ways to apply makeup without spending too much time in front of the mirror.
- Attention Areas: Instead of taking the time to apply a full face of makeup every day, focus on the areas that need the most attention. This goes for areas like under your eyes to conceal dark circles, your cheeks that could use a dash of color or gloss to give your lips some life.
- Precise with Pencils: Liners for your lips, brows and eyes come in a few forms like liquids, pencils and gels. While liquids and gels may seem enticing, they can be hard to control, take more time to apply or be a beast to fix if you mess up. Our rec: Stick with pencils for a precise application!
- Full Coverage Cosmetics: Another trick for shaving time applying makeup is trying products that offer full coverage. When you find the right one that does just that, it can mean that you don’t need to apply a concealer as well. Moral of the story: Cut a product out of the mix and let ONE do the work!
- Go For The Glow: One of our go-tos for giving your look a healthy glow is using a product like a highlighter or bronzer with some shine.
This can be added to your cheeks, jaw line, nose, forehead and even eyelids. Whether in a powder or stick form, a glow can do wonders for achieving a quick and refreshed appearance. We particularly love this for those who want a “no-makeup” makeup look.
Related Blog: How To Nail a Natural Makeup Look with Lash Extensions
Lean Into A Quick Makeup Routine
Ready to assess your current beauty routine and decide how you can simplify? Good for you! If custom lash and brow services are speaking to you for achieving an ultimate and effortless makeup and beauty routine, The Lash Lounge is here. We can’t wait to welcome you and walk you through all of the customizable options for your lashes and brows! 💜