How Much Does Wedding Hair and Makeup Cost?
You’ve budgeted for your venue, photographer, officiant and cake—but what about those big-day beauty details like your wedding lashes, hair, makeup and nails?
While these costs can add up in a flash, they’re well worth the expense if they allow you to enjoy your day, feel confident and beautiful and also treasure those photos and videos for a lifetime!
Your Wedding Glam Budget
What you will pay for pre-wedding glam and hair and makeup on the big day itself will depend on several factors including the kinds of services you’re seeking (think shellac nail polish vs. a full set of acrylic nails 💅🏼, or your natural hair vs. extensions), your location and, ultimately, your service provider.
According to The Knot, US brides pay an average of $100 dollars for wedding makeup services and $110 dollars for wedding hair. Zola put this combined figure at approximately $300 dollars depending on the desired makeup application look and hairstyle the bride chooses.
When you consider additional beauty services (like most brides do) such as nails, spray tans and teeth whitening, your wedding glam expenses can add up to anywhere from $300 – $1,000.
Brides, here are some TIPS for you to keep in mind as you build a budget for the services you want most:
- A trial run for hair and makeup may not be included in the day-of price. If it’s not, we recommend paying for a trial so you can nail down your wedding look.
- Blowouts are typically less expensive than updos. (Who knew? 🤷🏼)
- A manicure and pedicure are often at the top of the list, but those spa-like mani and pedi services add up faster than a basic nail service. 💅
- Upscale services like airbrush makeup and professional teeth whitening often come at a higher price point
- Depending on the number of besties in your bridal party, additional hair and makeup artists may be needed to keep everyone on schedule. This can add up for you (the bride) if you’re the one paying for their glam.
- Buying and testing smudge-free, waterproof mascaras and several different types of false lash strips can add up fast! Getting lash extensions, however, WILL save you money in the long run because of their longevity and the effortlessness they add to your big-day beauty routine.
How to Choose a Wedding Makeup Artist and Hairstylist
Selecting your wedding-day professionals can feel daunting—but it doesn’t have to be! When you’re ready to begin your search, take these ideas with you:
- Save images from bridal magazines or pin away on Pinterest! This can help you determine the style you’re looking for so you can simply find wedding professionals who have experience bringing the look to life!
- Ask around:
- Check with your other wedding vendors and ask who’s on their preferred list.
- Chat with your friends or family who have recently planned a wedding. Who do they recommend?
- Look at local wedding publications. Do any of their featured vendors catch your eye?
- Visit the makeup artist and hairstylist you’re most interested in on social media. Look at their work and, of course, those reviews! Also, look for their pricing menu. Don’t see it? Send them a message and request that info. Also (THIS IS IMPORTANT), go ahead and share the date you need and see if they are available. If they’re not, you can continue your search!
Once you’ve selected your stylist, it’s time to schedule your trial! Whether you’re having all your services completed professionally or going the DIY route, always complete a hair and makeup trial. A trial will ensure your day-of look is exactly how you want it to be.
What About DIY Wedding Makeup and Hair?
Got your own skills in the hair and makeup department? Lucky you! This means considering DIYing your day-of services. Just keep in mind that this can pose its own set of challenges (and costs). High-quality makeup, brushes and hair products can add up.
Ultimately, a DIY approach to your big day may be less expensive (depending on the products you choose) but the outcome and experience might be less than ideal. You decide if it’s worth it or if you prefer to get pampered by professionals on your wedding day!
If you choose to go DIY:
- Invest in high-quality products
- Test your chosen makeup and hairstyle well in advance
- Plan for the weather or elements your wedding location may include. Why? Certain cosmetics and hair products can survive rain, wind, heat and humidity better than others. So, check those labels and product info before purchasing.
- Choose professional lash extensions! If there’s one professional service to select for your big day, getting custom eyelash extensions is it. They’ll save you time and frustration and ensure that your day is free of mascara stains, smudges and unattractive clumps.
Should I Get Eyelash Extensions for My Wedding?
Absolutely. If the eyes are the window to the soul, your lashes are the frame around those windows that tie your look together! On your wedding day, all eyes will be on you and your partner—you want to look your best and FEEL your best. Our custom-designed wedding lashes will help you achieve your dream wedding look.
Wedding Lashes: Are They Worth the Cost?
Wedding lashes from The Lash Lounge are 100% worth every pretty penny! And unlike an updo or makeup application, a full set of wedding lash extensions will last two weeks until your first refill. This means your lashes will be with you for any of those last pre-wedding festivities like your bachelorette party and rehearsal dinner. Then, of course, your wedding lashes will still be looking pretty and on point for your journey up and down the aisle. 🙌🏼
Choose the Best Lashes for Your Wedding, Choose The Lash Lounge
Since your wedding photos and videos will last a lifetime (and probably be shared through the years on social media by family and friends!) look your very best … lash extensions included!
A full set of custom lash extensions from a Lash Lounge near you will take your big-day beauty look up a notch and make you feel like a million bucks!