On chilly or gloomy days, there’s nothing better than wearing comfy clothes and having a little staycation where you spend the day relaxing indoors. A comfy style with casual athletics, AKA athleisure, clothing is also great for an effortless outfit on the go. But just because you’re wearing sweats doesn’t mean you can’t look cute doing it!
Here, we’re venturing into the world of easy lazy day makeup ideas that perfectly complement your comfiest clothes.
How to Create Easy and Simple Makeup Looks
The perfect cozy or staycation-style makeup shouldn’t just look like it was a breeze to apply, it should also truly be a snap to put on. We want to make it easy for you to create a look you’ll love for many relaxing days and comfortable outfits to come!
Let’s put together your comfy-day makeup with these quick and easy tips:
- The base—Use a minimal base for maximum comfort. Start with a lightweight tinted moisturizer or BB cream for a natural, dewy finish. Skip heavy foundations and opt for a concealer that’s good for your skin and will cover any blemishes or under-eye circles.
- A touch of color—For soft and flushed rosy cheeks that perfectly complement comfy outfits (leggings, a matching sweat suit, or trendy athleisure, you name it!), choose a creamy blush in a soft pink or peach shade. Dab the blush on the apples of your cheeks and blend for a seamless finish. 🥰
- Effortless eyelashes from The Lash Lounge—Curled lashes have an instant eye-opening effect. Make this step one you won’t even have to take with a lash lift and lash tint to give them a lasting curl and color that complements your natural features. Together, these lash services will last up to four weeks! (How’s that for being-day ready?) For a long-lasting laid-back lash look, consider a soft tint color, like a dark brown.
- Subtle eyes—For your lazy-day eye makeup, stick to neutral eyeshadows in shades that complement your natural coloring, like beige, taupe, soft brown or even peach. Apply a small amount to your lids for a hint of color and definition.
- Natural brows— For a polished yet very natural look, groom your brows with a clear brow gel or a spoolie then fill in any sparse areas with a brow pencil or powder. To have this step already crossed off, eyebrow threading with a tint is a great and simple option to seamlessly shape and color your brows. This service will give your brows a naturally fuller and manicured look for up to four weeks so you can skip the daily brow grooming altogether. Another step you won’t have to take!
- Hydrated lips— For subtle color, go for a tinted lip balm or nude lipstick. Lip gloss can also add a touch of shine without the need for precision that a colored gloss requires. Make your life even easier with a tinted balm that can double as a blush! Simply swipe a little pink or red balm on the apples of your cheeks then rub it in for added hydration. 👄
- Set and forget—Set your makeup with a light dusting of translucent powder to keep it in place. If you want to maintain a dewy finish, you can skip this step or use a minimal amount.
The key to your comfy day makeup look is to keep it simple, comfortable, and most importantly, reflective of your unique style. 💗
Set Your Simple Makeup Routine in Motion
Make your makeup routine easier with brows and lashes that celebrate your natural beauty and are maintenance-free on the daily. You know what we’re talking about—services from The Lash Lounge! Our lash and brow services will set you up for a great lazy day look.