Your Complete Beach Day Checklist
Summer is finally here, and so are long-awaited beach days! ⛱️ Whether you’re lying out on the warm sand, walking along the shore or enjoying a dip, a trip to the beach is revitalizing.
To make the most of your day in the sand and sun, the beach bag you pack is key. See The Lash Lounge beach day checklist below—divided into two categories: 1) essentials and 2) beauty, to ensure you’re all set with every beach bag must-have you (and your lashes) could need.
1. Beach Bag Essentials
Our beach bag supplies include everything that’s vital for spending a full day at the beach. Our recommendations will keep you protected, comfortable, entertained and relaxed throughout the day:
- Large beach towel: This seems like an obvious one, but it’s definitely an item you won’t want to forget.
- Oil-free sunscreen: Soaking up some vitamin D☀ always feels nice! Just remember to keep your skin protected with sunscreen. Got lash extensions? If you do, be careful when applying sunscreen that is oil-based and keep it away from your lash line since products and creams that contain oil are not eyelash extension-friendly.
- Sunglasses: The right pair will not only protect your eyes and eyelashes, they will also keep you stylin’ for all those beach selfies! 🤳
- Water bottle: Don’t forget to throw some H2O in your bag so you can stay hydrated.
- Floppy hat: To further keep your skin and face protected, toss a cute floppy hat in your bag and be sure to wear it during the times of day that the sun is the harshest (usually considered to be 12-3 or 11-4).
- Small speaker: A waterproof speaker will be your bestie on the beach and also allow you to listen to our strong women playlist on Spotify!
- Waterproof bag: So you can keep important moisture-sensitive items such as your phone and car key fob safe and dry.
- Book: There’s no better feeling than tearing into a new novel with the wind in your hair and your toes in the sand.
Of course, this is just a starting point, and you can customize your beach bag essentials however you please! If you’re loving that new lounge float, are ready to “bump, set, spike” 🏐, or need to throw in some snacks, pack it all. The beach is your oyster (even if it’s inland)!
2. Beach Bag Beauty Essentials
Once you’ve packed the basics, here’s what you need to pack in your beach bag to always look your best:
- Hairbrush: Wet hair can become tangled fast, especially on windy days. So, toss in a hairbrush and stay tangle-free after getting out of the water.
- SPF lip balm: Just like your skin, your lips need protection, too!
- Lash Detox Cleanser: Your beloved lash extensions go wherever you go, and if that’s the beach then you want to make sure you keep them clean after a dip in the water and a day full of sand and hot sun. Toss either our Unscented or Tea Tree Foaming Lash Cleanser in your bag!
- Lash Brush and Barrel: This handy lash brush and barrel (great for travel!) can be used with either of our foaming cleanser formulas for optimal lash cleaning after taking a swim or at the end of your beach day!
- Sun protection hair spray: Too much time spent in the sun can take its toll on your hair. If you don’t wear a hat all day, you may want to throw in a protective hairspray. Just remember to keep the spray away from your lash extensions and use your arm or even your beach towel as a barrier over your face before spraying in order to keep your lashes protected.
These beach day and beach day beauty must-haves will have you all set and ready to enjoy the day!
Beach Day Prep With The Lash Lounge
Waterproof makeup can be a hassle, and regular makeup just won’t last through a hot day near the water. From eyelash extensions to brow tinting and more, The Lash Lounge will provide you with the perfect beauty look that won’t wash off in the waves or melt away in the scorching sun.
So, make your summer beauty routine a breeze and beach day ready by scheduling an appointment at your local Lash Lounge today! (Pssst! While you’re there, don’t forget to check out our NEW products and accessories that are perfect for keeping your skin and lashes clean at home or on summer vacay!)