You got lash extensions (finally!)…but now what? Find out why our aftercare kit is a must to keep that lash line on point 24/7!
Why Lash Aftercare is a Must!
Remember the glorious day you got your first full set of lash extensions? It was literally THE BEST. There was ooo-ing. There was ahh-ing. Who are we kidding? Still to this day is all the fawning!
But are you showing them the TLC they deserve? Are you protecting your lash extension investment with proper lash aftercare?
Acing aftercare is so important because:
- When you keep your lash extensions clean and free of dirt, residue and body oils, you’ll have great lash retention.
- Your lashes will look on point in between refill appointments.
- Because you won’t lose as many lashes, you won’t have to worry about getting a full set all over again.
- Your eyelashes and eye area will stay protected and healthy.
- Your lash stylist will LOVE you!! (Like, a ton!)
Lash Extension Aftercare: The 5 Products You Need
How to take care of lash extensions is simple, thanks to the 5 products in our aftercare kit! Use them to keep your lashes in tip-top shape!
Gel Eye Makeup Remover
Lash extension-safe and formulated to cleanse while increasing the skin’s ability to hold moisture, our Gel Eye Makeup Remover gently removes any trace of makeup. For using around the eyes, brows and entire face, this makeup remover is oil-free, alcohol-free, and has the same pH as natural tears.
Lash Detox Foaming Cleanser: Unscented and Tea Tree
To keep your lashes clean and healthy, choose from our 2 Lash Detox foaming cleansers: unscented and tea tree. Each is infused with 10 natural extracts and includes anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties for the ultimate cleanse.
Eyelash Cleansing Brush
To really get your clean on, our lash cleansing brush is a must-have when using Lash Detox. The premium bristles let you softly and effectively clean your lash line and entire eye area.
Acting as a shield, Lash Armor will add that extra layer of protection against things like moisture, humidity and sweat that can take their toll on your extensions. More great news: Vitamin B is in both our onyx and crystal formulas and will not only protect your lash line but can support and strengthen lash regrowth when used as directed.
Crystal Lash Wand
No lash aftercare ritual would be complete without “the magic wand”! Our stylish crystal lash wand is just what you need! A gentle comb-through daily or when you’re on the go is great for fluffing your lashes in place!
LASH EXTENSION CARE TIP: Go ahead and buy two lash wands! One for home and one for your purse. You’ll thank us later! 😉
Now that you know what’s included in our lash aftercare kit, see the simple steps below for how to use each product!
4 Simple Steps to Ace Lash Extension Aftercare
Prep, cleanse, protect and groom. These 4 easy steps make acing lash aftercare a breeze.
Step 1: PREP
Using our Gel Eye Makeup Remover and Lint-Free Wipes:
- Apply 1 pump (that’s all you need!) onto a lint-free wipe.
- Use to remove any makeup, oil, and debris on or around your eyes. (Can be used to remove makeup on face, too!)
- Rinse well with cool water
- Once you’re done with this prep step, the skin on and near your eye will feel conditioned, toned and soothed!
- Use 1x a day.
Step 2: CLEANSE
Using your choice of Lash Detox foaming cleanser and eyelash cleansing brush:
- Release 1–2 pumps of formula onto a clean surface or directly onto your closed eyelid.
- Keep your eye closed and gently wipe the cleanser along your lash line with the brush. Cover from the base to the tip of your lashes.
- Once your lash line is squeaky clean, rinse the area with cool water and let air-dry or lightly pat dry.
- Use 1x a day.
Step 3: PROTECT
Using Lash Armor (either formula: onyx for a rich yet natural tint or crystal for a clear coating):
- Wipe any excess product off the brush and onto the rim of the tube.
- To apply, tap the brush along the base of your lashes, including under and on top of your lash line. (Note: You do not apply this like mascara or drag the product through your lashes.)
- For ultimate protection against daily elements, apply 3x per week.
Step 4: GROOM
Using the crystal lash wand:
- Gently comb your lashes with the fully tapered wand on each eye.
- Take a look at your lash line after one comb-through. If your lashes could use more separation, repeat.
- Comb your lashes at least 1x day.
Lash Aftercare Made Easy at The Lash Lounge
You’ve gotten the lowdown on lash aftercare, now it’s time to pick up that aftercare kit!
Visit your local Lash Lounge salon to purchase these aftercare essentials or replenish any of the go-to lash products you love. Got questions about these products? Just another great reason to give your local salon a visit! 💜