What Lashes Are Best For Your Eye Shape?
Since we all have different eye shapes, different lash looks work better for different people! 👁 Learn why and which look could work best for you.
How to Tell What Shape Eyes You Have
Figuring out which shape eyes you have is simple! Take a few minutes to look into the mirror and observe the characteristics of your eyes. Assess things like your eyelids, brow bone, space between the corner of your eyes and even the bridge of your nose. Observing these things will help you determine which eye shape you have.
While there are a number of eye shapes to consider, many of us have one of the 5 most common eye shapes:
- Almond Eyes: Your iris touches your eyelid on both the top and bottom, and your eyelids have a visible crease. Your eyes also taper at the tear duct and outer point.
- Hooded Eyes: There’s an extra layer of skin that droops over the crease of your eyelid.
- Deep Set Eyes: You have a prominent brow bone with eyes that appear a bit sunken in.
- Wide set eyes: There’s ample space between the inner corner of your eyes and the bridge of your nose.
- Close Set Eyes: You have little space between the inner corner of your eyes and the bridge of your nose.
Customization Is The Name Of Our Game!
During a consultation at The Lash Lounge, your stylist will assess your natural facial features including your eye shape. They will then guide you through our lash catalog to show you the lash application method options including lash level and curl type. The two of you will discuss the options that work best for your natural lashes, the overall look you have your heart set on and which look will complement your eye shape.
Different Eye Shapes = Different Customizations
Eyelash extensions at The Lash Lounge are not the same for everyone. This is the very reason why your stylist will take your eye shape in account during the customization process in order to further ensure you receive a lash look that’s unique to YOU!
See which lash applications and details work best with each eye shape:
- For almond eyes, a “cat eye” lash look is often chosen because longer lashes placed at the end of the eye will create the illusion of balance also making the eye appear more “open”.
- When it comes to hooded eyes, a D curl enhances the eye itself making it stand out so your beautiful lash extensions are even more noticeable.
- For deep set eyes, we recommend going with a C curl which is a softer, less dramatic look yet still show stopping!
- To complement wide set eyes, a multi-layered lash look is recommended making our hybrid application (a mix of both our classic and volume applications) the way to go.
- A close set eye shape often looks best with added length. Like almond eyes, a “cat eye” look also works well for this eye shape.
From application to lash curl, the customized details your stylist includes along with our exclusive lash design techniques will give you the best results and a dreamy lash look to further enhance your natural features—eye shape included! 😍
Lashes That Are Uniquely YOU!
We know that choosing a lash look can feel daunting, which is why our stylists are there every step of the way, ready to guide you and answer any questions you may have.
Whether it’s deep set eyes or almond shaped eyes you have, we are ready to customize a look that’s all your own!